Business Blogging Article Roundup
January 15, 2005
There are a lot of people busily writing away this week on how to successfully build and promote business blogs. Here are a handful of good tips regarding finding your voice as a business blogger, and some anecdotes regarding search engine success.
It’s still worth remembering that all of this has to be part of a consistent strategy that includes:
- Adding content on a regular basis that appeals to your site’s audience.
- Establishing your credibility and making your message clear on all pages.
- Optimizing your site design for best search engine impact.
- Formulating and implementing a strategy to get links to your site.
- Encouraging visitors to return to your site, subscribe to your newsletter and read your RSS feed.
- A strategy for turning those visitors into prospects and customers
If you don’t cover all of these bases, you’re only going to get half a loaf — a well designed small business web site that doesn’t bring in traffic, or a site that brings in traffic but fails to convert it to customers.
In the meantime, here are some great reads:
T. L. Pakii Pierce (with a very nicely designed site) offers:
The Un-Marketers Guide To Blog Promotion
How To Create Blog Success and How To Measure Your Blog ROI
Online Business Networks has some tips for:
Search engine optimization for your blog
Robin Good with some advice on:
How to Use Blogs for Direct Marketing
and lastly, an about.com article (unfortunately, with a pop-up) offers:
Case Study: Using a Weblog to Achieve #1 Rankings in Google