DigitalLife HDTV Special
November 28, 2005
Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about HDTV, but were afraid to ask — over on Digital Life this week, Tech TV alums Robert Heron and Patrick Norton spend about an hour doing what Tech TV always did best — explaining technology in an excellent and accessable manner.
This week they’re covering pretty much all of the ins and outs of HDTV — here’s their rundown:
- Wondering what HDTV is? Robert Heron says it’s two things: an HDTV screen and HDTV content.
- Big glass tubes, front projectors, rear projectors, plasmas, LCD, OLED… they all have their strong points.
- Plasma vs. LCD: why there’s no such thing as the ‘perfect’ thin HDTV.
- Going HDTV shopping this holiday? Loyd Case tells Patrick how to find the perfect HDTV.
- Your HDTV checklist: Loyd’s got a list you should check twice before dropping the big bucks on your.
- Get the hook-up on HDTV connectors, and what you’ll need to get your PC, DVD, cable or sat TV hooked up!
- Wondering where to find the best HDTV content? Jim Louderback walks us thru his favorite sources, from TiVo to over the air
- Trust us, that old UHF antenna is far from dead!
If you’re considering buying HD, you need to go download this and watch it today.