Dish Network adds Sci Fi HD, USA HD, CNN HD – Finally

April 18, 2008

Battlestar Galactica

Too bad they didn’t have it for the start of the Battlestar Galactica season, but Dish has finally added HD channels for Sci Fi, USA Network and CNN.

I just double checked, and Sci Fi HD at least is on my receiver. Unfortunately, no guide information yet — I may just have to manually start recording Battlestar Galactica tonight. It’s also great news for those tuning in for the season launch of Doctor Who, also.

Along with USA, this finishes out most of my HD must-haves — what are you still waiting to see in HD?

Be Sociable, Share!

Comments

6 Responses to “Dish Network adds Sci Fi HD, USA HD, CNN HD – Finally”

1. Trent on April 18th, 2008 6:22 pm

What am I still waiting to see in HD?!?

USA, TBS, Sci-Fi, ESPN News, History… that’s my short-list of channels that have HD, but Verizon FIOS is lagging behind.

Thanks Verizon. Stick to internet access.

Trent’s last blog post..Woopra on the Mac… kinda

2. Chuck Lawson on April 18th, 2008 6:28 pm

I think we’ve now got all of those. My remaining short bitch is that Food Network HD doesn’t follow the same programming as the regular channel, which makes it pretty much impossible to use it for new Good Eats and Iron Chef America in HD.

Come to think of it, my NEW number 1 “Needs to be in HD” channel is FX

3. Trent on April 18th, 2008 7:56 pm

Might wanna check FN again… about a week or 2 ago they started showing the same thing on both channels. At least in my area. Figured it’d be the same everywhere.

Trent’s last blog post..Woopra on the Mac… kinda

4. Chuck Lawson on April 19th, 2008 9:58 pm

Dish must get a different feed — my “Food Network HD” is kind of a “best of” Food Network; it doesn’t show any of the new shows, at least not at the same time that the regular Food Network channel does.

5. Chuck Lawson on April 21st, 2008 8:46 am

How appropriate — being that it’s Food Network and I get to eat my words. I could swear I looked at this Friday and they were still different, but as of last night, FN HD and FN (SD) were the same.

Oh well — at least I got to watch Iron Chef America in HD.

(even if it WAS Bobby Flay. meh.)

6. Monica on January 18th, 2011 11:52 am

I know this post is from a while back but I am a DISH Network employee and subscriber so I am happy to give you all an update on DISH Network’s HD programming selection. DISH has the most HD channels of all pay TV providers. We have USA, History, History International, Syfy, Animal Planet, & many, many more. If you want to see if we have your favorite channel in HD, you can go to DISH.com, check it out!

Got something to say? [privacy policy]

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Bottom