Sage TV Version 3 Now in Beta
July 25, 2005
The next generation of Sage TV is now in beta, with some interesting new features — plus HD recording and playback to come…
A more complete list of changes will be available later, but for now, here are some of the v3 changes, in no particular order:
* Configuration Wizard for easier setup
* DX9 Full screen exclusive mode
* TVTV Support for European EPG listings
* Canadian EPG support
* Playback of ASF, WMA, WMV files
* HDTV Recording & Playback
* .tivo file playback
* Playlist Importing (m3u, asx, wpl)
* ATI 550 Support
* French Language Support
* SageTV Server Discovery from SageTV Client (list local addresses you can connect to)
* Software Encoding support
* Media Download / Upload to/from external device when a new drive is detected (i.e. mp3 player)
* STV UI enhancements
* Numerous other fixes and changes.
Some of the above features may be more complete than others. There will be further beta updates to expand the features, of course.
Note: HD recording and playback will be available in v3, but it is not active in this release. Further details of supported cards and how to configure SageTV for HDTV will be announced when this portion is ready — this should be included in the next beta release.