The Basics of E-Commerce
November 1, 2004
Virtually everyone is familiar with the experience of making purchases online, but most small business web site owners (and even many web developers) have no idea of what is really involved. From accounting and banking considerations to the technology to make it happen, this teleclass series will teach you what you need to know, including such things as:
- What is involved in getting a merchant bank account that will accept online purchases, and how to avoid the scams.
- Building a relationship with a reputable payment processor.
- Important considerations regarding fees, holding times, chargebacks and refunds.
- Security risks and implications.
- Getting a shopping cart installed, and how to deliver content online.
This six week Teleclass Series consists of the following one hour sessions:
- Credit Cards vs. PayPal (and everything else)
- Merchant Bank Accounts
- Payment Processors
- Security Considerations
- Shopping Carts
- Order Fulfillment and Online Delivery
Participants will receive a lesson plan for each class, as well as access to the downloadable audio recordings of each class. The cost for this series is $250.
Special Offer: This series is currently under development — if you would like to be a participant during this development phase, your cost will be only $199 for the entire six-week series. A limited number of seats will be available for this price, on a first-come, first-served basis.
Next Scheduled Class: TBD
If you have questions, or are interested in participating in this series, please leave a comment using the form below.